Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by 35WhelenNut
I don't think the reference is pointing to a general lack of ability in the young 'u s, rather a possible lack of desire to learn to shoot and hit choosing instead to carry handguns that whose capacity will allow lots ammunition expenditure.

I think it's just a tendency for old people to assume that young people are stupid and lazy.

For every young guy blazing away and not hitting anything at the range I can show you an old guy shooting slow and not hitting anything. Same problem, same result, just different methods of sucking.

I'm sure that "once upon a time" everyone was a pistolero and then Gaston came along and ruined everything......

That which is in red HAS to be in the running for the best quote of the year.

It is a curious thing....When I go to the local gun store, I see that they are stocking a lot of .357 revolvers of various configuration. But when I go to the range, I rarely ever see another shooter using one. I have several, but I tend to shoot my autos more. But when I go to the woods, I tend to favor the .357.

I don't know what that says about the popularity of the .357.

The idea that the .45acp is not still popular is just...ignorant.

The .357 and the .45acp have both been talked to death many times over. IF one doesn't see a lot of posts about either, that wouldn't surprise me. The fact that we still do talk about them should tell you something....about them or about us.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.