Originally Posted by 35WhelenNut
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Why is it that when we talk about hi-capacity rounds the age and ability of the shooter always get brought up? They have nothing to do with the subject....

If a shooter sucks with 15 rounds, he'll suck with 8. Knowing that he only has 8 rounds in the mag won't magically make him a better shooter. And it won't make him practice more.

And I've seen the exact opposite as what y'all have in regards to age....Lots of older shooters can't see what they're aiming at or shoot as well as they used to so they switch to pistols with dots and hi cap mags to compensate for their lack of ability.

Age and ability are just nonsense arguments from folks who don't have anything better to contribute.

The age is brought up because so many young shooters seem enthralled by and depend upon handguns with large capacity magazines. Additionally, they seem far more concerned with the capability of sending lots of lead downrange than learning to hit. i.e.- "The greater my ability to fire more shots, the less important it is for me to place shots well."

There are exceptions. My 24 year old son-in-law shoots a hi-cap 9mm but not well at all, but my 27 year old son chose a 1911 and shoots it fairy well.

Is he related to Derby Dude?

Sorry, couldn't help it.

MAGA