Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by 35WhelenNut
I don't think the reference is pointing to a general lack of ability in the young 'u s, rather a possible lack olf desire to learn to shoot and hit choosing instead to carry handguns that whose capacity will allow lots ammunition expenditure.

I think it's just a tendency for old people to assume that young people are stupid and lazy.

For every young guy blazing away and not hitting anything at the range I can show you an old guy shooting slow and not hitting anything. Same problem, same result, just different methods of sucking.

I'm sure that "once upon a time" everyone was a pistolero and then Gaston came along and ruined everything......

Easy there whipper snapper! Don't get your Under Armor all bunched up!

I don't think young un's are stupid and lazy....mostly lazy! laugh

Seriously...guys my age grew up watchkng Gunsmoke, Kojak, Clint Eastwood and his S&W 29, etc. Today it's....well...I don't know any of their names in the current action films, but that and video games are bound to have an influence on younger folks and how they choose handguns and calibers.

And something else to remember: at least the old dude missing with his revolver isn't wasting ammo as fast as the Calln of Duty wannabe. smile

"Only accurate rifles are interesting."- Col. Townsend Whelen
"I always tell the truth....that way, I don't have to remember anything."- George Burns
NRA Life Member
Certified NRA Reloading Instructor
Certified Texas Hunter Education Instructor