The biggest blacktail I have taken while here in Oregon, I had the head mounted...guys see it and ask how much did it weigh on the hoof...about 235 to 240....

well fed suburban deer... courtesy of all the California transplant retirees, who can't feed the 'wildlife' enough.. muffins from Costco etc...

Then they ask what I shot it with... If I say 300 Win Mag, its amazing the nods of approval I get...

When I tell the truth about I shot it wandering thru my backyard last day of the season ( granted it was a wooded rural back yard).... I get frowns...

when I tell the truth and let them know it was a head shot with a 22 Mag, as that what was quickly available...I get these looks ranging from shocked to disgust...

took it after getting home an hour before, and put all my hunting gear away.. and hunting up in the mountains hadn't produced any results...wife told me there was a big buck out in the yard chasing some does...so I thought what the hell, its in a legal area to take it...

point being, no one thinks anything of it, if I say it was taken with a 300 Mag.. they get incensed when I say it was with a 22 Mag and a head shot at 50 yds...

people get funny over things like that...