I went ahead and did some shooting with my new 541-T yesterday even though the wind was NOT still.
As I feared, the 541-T "prefferred" the ultra-hard to find Winchester Power-Points in 40 grain configuration over every other hollow-point bullet I tried!
Drat on that, but I am thankful it shot so well and again the trigger was just superb at 2 pounds 2 ounces (now that I got my trigger pull gauge on it) - very consistent and very crisp with NO creep.
Due to air movement I shot groups at 25 yards only yesterday.
The 40 grain Winchester Power-Points made one hole groups at that distance - one of the groups measured .185" for 5 shots there at 25 yards.
The bulk pack Federal hollow-points made groups just at twice that size and the 37 grain Winchester hollow-points were only slightly better than that.
I am going to have to come up with a "source" for the Winchester Power-Points before next spring!
By a giant coincidence into my local gun shop yesterday comes another Remington 541 this one though is the 541-S Custom Sporter model (made in June of 1977). It did not last even 1 hour on the rack as one of my Hunting/gun trading partners bought it on sight at a hair over $500.00 - it is in 95% condition and has an EXCEPTIONAL trigger pull on it!
I have not seen one of these Rifles for sale for a long time and here in short order two of them come along.
Never rains but it pours I guess?
Anyway I am thrilled with the accuracy of the 541-T and determined to find more Winchester Power-Points by next spring.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy