WyoCoyoteHunter: That Billings gunshow is a good one - I see they are having 4 (four) gunshows there in Billings this year.
I plan on doing the Great Falls show this weekend as its usually well attended and perky.
I can recommend you travel to the annual August Missoula Gunshow (they held their 59th annual show there this August) held at the College, but the Missoula gunshow held at the poorly lit and smallish fairgrounds (October 3rd, 4th and 5th) would probably not be worth your travel and time!
The Butte and Helena gunshows are now smaller than they used to be.
Of recent I travel to gunshows in Washington, Idaho, Oregon and Wyoming (the Winchester show in Cody) as well as all the Montana gunshows I can make.
Thanks for the fall well wishes - I think fall is one of my 4 (four) favorite seasons in Montana - in other words I love all the seasons here in Montana.
This, coming from a human who lived the first 49 years of his life in a region that had ONE season and that was wet and gray year round!
Maybe I should more directly andswer your gunshow question.
I have done gunshows in Montana at Lewistown, Kalispell, Twin Bridges, Dillon, Big Timber, Helena, Great Falls, Bozeman, Whitehall, Anaconda, Wisdom, Wise River, Hamilton, Livingston, Stevensville and Missoula and I have done the best, over the years, at the August Missoula show.
I again think, that show, would be worth your time and expense to travel to.
Enjoy your September/October as well.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy