5sdad: This morning I was able to render inert the first Varmint with my new 541-T!
Said Varmint made the mistake of alighting/standing on top of a fence post long enough for me to go to my gun vault room open it up go to my gun safe get my Rifle then go to my loading room and get the appropriate ammo and walk outside to take a hand clamping rest on my house corner.
The shot was a simple one at about 40 - 45 yards - but boy did some black and white feathers fly at the shot.
No more nest robbing from that cretin.
That incident this morning reminded me to relay to you all the difficulty of loading one of my magazines with ammo - I think the opening is out of specs or my ammo is big at their bases?
And on occassion the next loaded round in both of my current magazines jumps up out of its proper position in the magazine with the base of that cartridge pointing upwards and then that round is unable to load into the chamber?
This has happened about 8 or 10 times now out of 150 or so rounds loaded.
These magazines don't show much wear at all but do not work at an fair or acceptable level - I will get some more magazines soon and also open the Model 77 magazine from its bubble wrapper next chance I get and try that one out.
Take the bad with the good I guess?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy