R.H. ....

No... it was a "mix" of many different kinds and types of .22 ammo... and my purpose was to find a "bargain" ammo that shot well in the CZ453.

When a "bet" is "on", I shoot the Wolf M/T as well... and it's gotten me a few Mt. Dews as "prizes" in the friendly, informal "matches" I've shot against good friends and their "Annie's" or Winchester 52's at the Club.

However, for just general paper-punching on a relaxing afternoon of shooting, I would prefer NOT to spend even the cost of Wolf M/T ammo for such shooting. Yet, I am having "trouble" accepting the relative inaccuracy of most standard velocity .22 rimfire ammo.

With the price of powder and bullets going up... UP... UP, I was hoping to be able to shoot fairly accurately and economically with the CZ453 & rimfire ammo, but that didn't happen to the extent I expected it to happen.

Of course, at least part of my "problem" is my age... i.e., when I began reloading at age 23, a 1,000 center-fire rifle primers were $4.00 and a 25 lb bag of chilled shot (for trap and skeet shooting) was $1.25.

The first pound of powder I bought was also $1.25... and now, some reloader's rifle or pistol powders are 20 times that cost !~!~!

Did I mention that a box of very accurate .22 rimfire ammo was just 40� a box (50 rounds) for HV Long Rifle Hollow-Points I used for squirrel and rabbit hunting?!?

Yes, admittedly, that was over 60+ years ago... but it doesn't SEEM that long ago in my memory. And the years have passed quickly since... trust me. smile

� As� es la vida ! ("Such is life!") wink

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...