Woodson...

I just re-checked my targets from all my tests and found that Fiocchi M320 Match shot pretty well. In the test target I have here, five 5-shot groups averaged .4487-inchs with a low of .329-inches and a high of .5465-inches. fired on October 9, 2008.

On the same type of target set-up I always shoot using the same Fiocchi ammo, I noticed another, smaller 4-shot group that measured .245-inches, but a single "flyer" in that group took that 5-shot group out to .386-inces.

I also found a target I shot on August 5, 2009 that had a 5-shot group using Wolf M/T ammo that measured just .150-inches with another group on the same paper plate that measures even less for 4 shots (didn't put the electronic calipers on it), but there was that one "flyer" I mentioned in a previous post that I often saw with other brands of ammo that "blew" the group out to about .500-inches. Not "bad", but not "great" either.

I had forgotten how well the Fiocchi M320 Match ammo shot, but then, I have also forgotten how much it cost as well.

When I measure a group, I use my electronic calipers and measure the total group size, edge-to-edge, and get that measurement, then subtract the bullet diameter from that figure which yields the actual total 5-shot group size (as if measured center-to-center on the bullet holes), but with extreme accuracy since "guessing" where the center of a bullet hole is doesn't add-up to yielding the most accurate measurement of the actual group size.

I put five 1�-inch diameter bright orange target-pasters on a white 9-inch paper plate and tape that plate up on the target-board as my "target". With the scope set on 12x and any parallax adjusted-out with the A/O (Adjustable Objective turret), the pasters are easy to see... no problem.

"Life's" too short to worry about this... so I won't even though I'd like to get those groups sizes "down" using reasonably priced ammo... but that "dream" is fading fast!!! grin

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...