Originally Posted by 2muchgun

You made the claim, YOU prove it.

Please enlighten us as to why that particular model would be any different from others and what experience you have to base this claim upon.....

That particular model is no different than most other Leupold variables. They ALL suffer from the same issues. The 3.5-10x40 Mark4 M3 LR is the most failure prone modern sniper optic that has ever been fielded. Every single Leupold TS30 (2.5-8x), M3 LR, and 4.5-14x50 M1 that I have been issued has failed in some form or fashion.

My experience is based on being a military sniper, teaching at a couple of places with virtually unlimited ammo budgets where my yearly expenditure was over 30k rounds at long range, having used extensively every military sniper optic issued in the last decade, teaching "hunting" classes and seeing nearly every type and brand of scope come through and watching virtually all of them fail, and as a competitor. In the last month I have fired just over 3K rounds of match ammunition and have watched almost ten times that fired with every single round being scored and tracked. Very few scopes consistently make it a single day without needing to be rezeroed or problem solved.

One of the best funded and supported sniper schools averages around a 30% "problem" rate of Leupold Variable Mark 4's in each class.

This isn't a measuring contest or me trying to say that you can't kill deer with a certain scope. It is me offering that there are significantly better scopes for the same money that will be more durable, hold zero better, and track correctly consistently.

If you don't mind-

How many 2.5-8x's you have used, round counts, ranges, how do you conduct tracking tests? How do you test zero retention? Durability?