Originally Posted by rgrx1276

I'm thinking a nightforce 2-10 with velocity 600 reticule, or Leupold what?

Originally Posted by rgrx1276

Other wise, it looks like the nightforce 2-10x32 is coming this way.

If you are after a compact scope, the NF 2.5-10x42 is a nice improvement over the x32. It is relatively new, and I am just starting to work with it, but thus far have been happy with it. NF finally made the illumination adjustable externally, which is a long overdue improvement. Really like it a lot.

The NF 5-22x56 is my favorite of all NF scopes, and I use it for target shooting and really enjoy using it hunting. The 5-22x56 works well enough for hunting that I have shot feral pigs by moonlight with it on two occasions.

Reticles are a personal preference. This one has the MOAR, which I find user friendly and helpful. The NP-R1 is good also. Others will say go with one of the versions of a Mil-based reticle, which is a good choice too. Just make sure the turrets match the reticle.

Leupolds - I sold off all of my (four) Leupolds except for a fixed 4x on my nephew's 22LR. Some on here have never had a problem with their Leupolds, and good for them, truly. I no longer trust their reliability. Maybe that will change in the future. Their customer service and warranties may be the best in the world, but to me the best customer service is to design and build it right before it leaves the factory so it works correctly, is durable, and does not go down.

I've never had a NF break or need to go back other than adding a zero stop to an old one. I have never seen a NF or S&B break, but I have seen first hand Leupolds and USO's have problems.

That's just my experience, which is less than Formidilosus, Rick, or Burn's. Obviously others have different opinions and experiences with lots of good luck with Leupold, which I hope holds for them. Just sharing mine fwiw.

F, out of curiosity, which scopes have been the most durable and reliable in your experience?

Here is the 2.5-10x42

[Linked Image]