Originally Posted by bubbajay
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I've yet to find a church that exists without money.

You don't get around much. Yes, the most visible churches are visible because of what they do with money, but there are thousands of house churches that try to follow the New Testament. They are not visible because they have lay leadership and give their money away. The third world is full of them, and a movement exists in the United States that is pursuing this model. There could be one in your town without you knowing about it.

Steve.

I am sorry but you really must not get around much.......my grandfather taught me me a few things but this one stuck....
be wary of a church that has to have the nicest building, the newest equipment, and is trying to out-do the neighboring church.

You make me say, "Huh?" I pointed out that there are small, humble churches which are not generating cash for self-fulfillment. Period. Being invisible to most people, they're not competing with other churches. And you tell me "be wary of a church that has to have the nicest building, the newest equipment, and is trying to out-do the neighboring church"? Yes, that kind of church is familiar to all, but I said nothing about that kind of church. What, pray tell, are you talking about?

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt