Thank you for that Rod. I have never read that story. I came down to the basement to busy myself with something else besides hospital shows on the tube.

I took that Ruger for a walk again today on the property where I grew up on that I now own. I had to, you see, I don't normally post this kind of stuff but I have had a tough week coming to the reality that my dad is only going in one direction and I needed to just get back to the woods even for just half an hour.

The Ruger has no sentimental value to me but it fits well and I wanted to give it another shot after the other day when I flushed a few woodcock. I could easily have borrowed my dads 311 but I am not sure how he would feel about it. The story I just read has me hoping that he is replaying all of the memories we had and his own just like that.

Dad was diagnosed at 58 last year with Pulmonary Fibrosis. Things have really escalated with his condition the last few weeks. It has been really tough, going from hunting for miles at a time to seeing him low enough on oxygen to pass out trying to walk to the bathroom is without words.

Sorry to hijack a perfectly good post about one of my favorite pastimes but I just wanted to say thanks for sharing that.

Ryan