Not to change the subject, but I have to get this picture up. The night before last we hunted some "over the head" high briers and golden rod. We flushed a hen, and dumped it DRT. We looked for half an hour but just couldn't find it. I couldn't get angry at Maggie. That was her first time facing that scenario. Not 20 minutes we did the same thing on a woodcock that she pointed perfectly. Not only that, but that was her FIRST woodcock point so far.

Fast forward to LAST night. It was POURING rain. My glasses kept fogging and were totally water spotted. The conditions didn't deter Maggie in the least. First point was the cock and that ended up being number 5 dead bird to go home with us. A half hour or so later, I saw Maggie scenting and walking. She was on the scent of a pheasant, no doubt about it. All of a sudden she's on point. She was in a small 20 foot clearing. I looked everywhere for the bird. There it was not 30 inches from her nose. I stamped the ground, it broke loose and flushed. Down it came. As I was running to where it landed, it half halfheartedly got back up and then back down. Maggie dove into the thick brush and pounced on it. She held it down trapped under her neck between her front legs and head. NEVER put a tooth mark on the bird!!!!!!!!!! But OTOH wasn't about to let it get away. Honest to God, I can NOT believe she's doing so well and still not a year and a half old.

[Linked Image]

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5