Resurrection is good. Had my Stevens 44 out for a stroll today for the first time. It exhibited some of the characteristics of the B29 that Mule Deer wrote about years ago, namely that I did not have the ability to crank elevation down sufficiently to use the vernier at 50 yards. I faked it anyway.

.25-20 SS, Bertram brass, WW SRP, Ideal 257283, 30:1 Alloy, SPG Lube, .060" compression and a .030" Walters Veg Wad, 19.0 Gr. Swiss 1.5 FG. The chambered cartridge engraves the driving band completely. No Crimp, it will leave the bullet in the barrel if the case is removed. Nominal velocity in the range of 1350-1400 fps or so I've been led to believe.

8 shots into a cluster of 1.4 X 2.1". First BP cartridge I've loaded and shot, learned a whole lot of stuff as a result and am looking forward to the 100 yard line.

Cross did some nice work right there!

I've heard rumors that SR4759 does some nice stuff for the SS. I pass that along just in case you wear leopard print thongs etc.

Last edited by DigitalDan; 10/19/14.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain