Originally Posted by oldtrapper
....I get a kick out of those who say a church wedding should be free. Churches must be built for free and heated for free and have free custodial services and maintenance. Sheeesh. The strongest advocates probably have never dropped a nickel into the plate, if my experience is, in any way, prognosticative.

The last thing I want to do is get into some kind of "who gives most" contest. I'll just state here that you assume too much.

If a Church is claiming to be Bible-based, there is little to no cost involved in performing an appropriate wedding ceremony. As for the maintenance expenses - those can be covered by the user, according to the extent of the "party", and I don't see how that would ever be considered "for profit". What I am against, is the arbitrary fees that some churches charge for simply having a wedding. Oh - and the ridiculous extravagance of the rest of the wedding industry. If a church has to charge fees for services to offset the burden of having built too large or extravagant of a building....well....what I have to say about that may offend a lot of "religious" people.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.