Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by FreeMe

If a business refused to serve gun owners, first, we would ask how did they know? Then we would simply refuse to do business with them.

Secondly, this business in NOT forcing their beliefs on its customers. It is the customers via the power of the state forcing its belief on the business.

Big Difference!!!

Well, that's dodging the point. A gay couple could conceal that fact, just as we conceal our guns. Will we all need to provide evidence of sex for a Christian wedding? How else can a poor minister be sure. wink

Background noise, gentlemen......

If religious groups were half as concerned about knowing and serving God as they are about having their man - made traditions defended, the world would be a better place.

That is a bit absurb. The idea that you would suggest that one would marry someone of the same sex to conceal their sodomy is really beneath you. The issue is same sex marriage. That is not the Biblical pattern reguardless of your alleged higher standard for religious or "Christian" platitiudes.

Of course it's absurd. I"m just pointing out your bad analogy - and the fact that you were dodging the point.

Marriage, by the way, is not a man-made tradition.

Let's just clear something up here. In spite of Derby's attempt to inject his form of history here in what is clearly out of his understanding....my beef isn't with marriage, nor am I claiming that the Christian marriage is man's invention. It's weddings. Holy matrimony is a state of the heart, and not subject to laws and traditions. Wedding ceremonies as we know them are a man-made tradition. Is that so hard to understand? I am not attacking marriage - traditional or otherwise. It is the whole wedding ceremony and the industry and the mythology and the politics that surrounds it that is man-made and it is this ceremony/tradition that is the focus of the gay community. It surely isn't holy matrimony that they're seeking - otherwise, they would simply make the pact between themselves and God. No - it's about money, tradition, social status, and ego. (Which, BTW, weigh heavily in the issue for many of those outside the gay community as well)

To think that the gay movement can somehow destroy marriage or in any way harm The Kingdom of God is just, well, not Biblical. How on earth can anybody come between a Christian couple and God? How on earth can anybody come between a Christian minister and God? .....Unless we give them the leverage to do so - as we have with the wedding tradition/industry. This whole thing is the kind of noise designed to discredit the Christian faith by the very reaction it is provoking from many.

If the Church would just let this gaudy ceremony and legal document go, and just be concerned with where our hearts are with God - this whole thing becomes nothing but insignificant background noise...as it should be. It's just the world being what the world is. Our mission is supposed to be above all this.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.