Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by FreeMe
If you're going to have a discussion with me in which you attempt to describe "my" point of view, it would help if you actually read what I have written - and not just the last post. I have not been talking about Churches recovering expenses. I have been talking about deliberate profit-making from service fees, intended to help cover other costs not related to the services. Lots of congregations do this.

Okay, I quoted your post directly to determine your point of view. In that post at least, you were describing profit-taking by churches. I've been around an awful lot of churches, and yet to have been with a single one that was deliberately profit-taking on services to support themselves/building. Indeed, almost all that I can think of have actually undercharged the realistic cost of weddings specifically. In other words, the congregation is actually subsidizing the true costs of the wedding service.

Well, good for you - seriously. Doesn't mean it isn't happening, and I never said all or even most do.

The "church" in the OP, is clearly a profit-making business though.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.