I haven't missed the point as such. The VLD's were never brought up until Tanner's post. In most instances, VLD's won't be a consideration as very few people actually shoot them except for long range target shooters. Ask yourself, how many guys you know who hunt with VLD's?
Now, if we are discussing hunting bullets, the vast majority of which will be used in custom hunting rifles, how would you set your throat? Let's compare apples and apples here. If you plan on throating for VLD's, you are probably only going to shoot that profile due to the vastly different ogive. Due to the profile with VLD's, you may very well have other problems with going with lighter bullets. Anyone here besides me actually tried this yet?
How about a few people load some dummy rounds and let's see what you come up with. Pictures would be great. I'm all for learning something new as I will be starting on a new custom 26 Nosler any day now and wouldn't want to make a big mistake.

Time for me to go back to working on my hotrod when it gets back from the painter Saturday....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.