More often than not I sit in the wings and pick up info from most here offering their opinion. This thread hasn't been any different up to now but just 2 cents on this subject.

IMHO, if I had thoughts on "what it would bring on the market" before building even just a rebarreled rifle and chambered to a wildcat of choice, clear up to a full blown custom from stem to stern......then I'd have to realize that I don't wish to do so.

"Custom" to me, includes what I WANT, the WAY I want it, for ME, for MY use. Thinking about what I can get out of it would kill the entire purpose of building something that is...FOR ME.

Since any changes on a rifle are made the same way, for ME, listening to advice about "changing" something I decided on is the polite thing to do......but I'm going to build what I want anyway.

The single thing making a rifle "Custom" for me, is exactly that point. MY choices of all the factors involved put together, for the bullets I WANT to use. This gets even "stickier" when including a wildcat of my design and I tire easily whenever "this OTHER round is faster" inevitably comes up from others or even gunsmiths.

If I WANTED a faster round I would have built one OR bought factory issue in something faster.

NO ONE ELSE needs to like nor understand WHY I would want what I want so I don't waste my time and simply reply "THIS is what I designed, for my use, for me and what I want you to chamber this barrel for.......if that is a problem please let me know and I will find another gunsmith."

While I TRY to be polite, many are INSISTANT that they "know better" and have some inner flaw that requires that they argue, or try to because I will not.

MY first suggestion, be it wildcat or custom throated is to order your OWN reamer, as mentioned previously.

I trusted a 'smith to order the reamer to the specs I ASKED FOR and got TWO rifles back that he refused to REchamber to the NECK LENGTH I ASKED FOR. Not THROAT length....NECK length.

He actually CHANGED the specs of my wildcat ..."because he knew more about it than I did".

Needless to say, that will not happen again, NOR will any work EVER be sent his direction.

Build what YOU want, not what someone else thinks is better.
The BEST one for me is the one EXACTLY like I asked for. Period.

God Bless
Steve

Last edited by Steve692; 11/01/14.

"I realize that it is natural for the people who disagree with me to think I am wrong, and I am not so arrogant as to deny that possibility."