Originally Posted by jryoung
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Comparing Kuiu and Sitka isn't apples to apples. I can go to a number of stores and try their stuff on. Not so with Kuiu. The whole reason for direct to consumer is to cut cost. There for Kuiu is over priced.

You're correct that they aren't apples to apples, but how do you figure KUIU is overpriced in comparison.

I mean, you can get a Guide Jacket, Attack Pants and either a set of merino tops and bottoms, or a super down zip, or a variety of accessories for far less than just the 90% coat and jacket.

Guide Jacket and attack pants are $318, Sitka 90% is $558. Certainly you can find Sitka at 40% off from time to time, that get's it closer, but KUIU runs roughly 30-40% less for their clothing line....retail markup is roughly the same.

This is exactly the math I was doing. Bummed about so many kuiu items on backorder, but I'm optimistic about them. I stopped by cabelas to size the sitka jackets and was really surprised to see they were all made overseas. Wasn't that the compliant about Kuiu, no longer manufactured in US and moved overseas? Seems sitka has been doing that for awhile now.