I live in West Virginia,and that's the way I feel about them too.I don't fool with them in the fall,but in the spring when there's nothing else to hunt ,I occasionally walk up on the flats,and see If I can see a gobbler out in the fields somewhere,and if not I usually just come back.I don't waist much time on them.I personally just don't consider them to be worth much more effort than that. I really don't even consider that tannish looking breast meat great quality white meat.I just get the urge to hunt between the cold seasons,and so I kill an occasional turkey in the spring,or ground hog in summer.I give most to an old man up the road,but I eat one occasionally.My wife,and daughter think it's disgusting,but I know what a groundhog eats,and I feel they are a pretty clean animal.An old man that used to come up here to hunt with my Uncle from North Carolina when I was a kid used to talk about eating possum when he was a kid.He said they would catch them,and feed them corn for a while to clean them out.I personally think I would rather eat a carp than a possum..I sure hope I never have to find out though..LOL