Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
in the late eighties early ninetys we had several scary years with people getting shot in the spring, shotguns, never understood how so many got shot when you have to see a beard. the state started making us wear orange when moving and put a band on nearby tree. it seems to be better but most people dont do it

Having hunted PA and hunted around PA hunters in other states, I can understand how that level of dumbphuckitude happens up there. No amount of orange can fix the stupid that afflicts many of those hunters.

This comment is nothing short of ignorant. There are unethical and immoral "slob" hunters all over the country. To say that "many" PA hunters are too stupid to follow the rules and comply with safety concerns merely shows your own foolish ignorance. Have you hunted in every state in country? How a person could make such a classless statement about a group of fellow hunters, I suppose I'll never understand. As for me, a "stupid" Pennsylvanian sportsman, I've never hunted turkey with a rifle. I've only ever used shotguns. However, I feel that the option of using a rifle is interesting enough to possibly give it a try this year. I have a nice lightweight BRNO single shot in 22 Hornet that just may do the trick.

As to 4ager, if you do not like Pennsylvania and her outdoorsman, well, there's 49 other states for you to choose from. Adios!