Originally Posted by Fallschirmjaeger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
in the late eighties early ninetys we had several scary years with people getting shot in the spring, shotguns, never understood how so many got shot when you have to see a beard. the state started making us wear orange when moving and put a band on nearby tree. it seems to be better but most people dont do it

Having hunted PA and hunted around PA hunters in other states, I can understand how that level of dumbphuckitude happens up there. No amount of orange can fix the stupid that afflicts many of those hunters.

This comment is nothing short of ignorant. There are unethical and immoral "slob" hunters all over the country. To say that "many" PA hunters are too stupid to follow the rules and comply with safety concerns merely shows your own foolish ignorance. Have you hunted in every state in country? How a person could make such a classless statement about a group of fellow hunters, I suppose I'll never understand. As for me, a "stupid" Pennsylvanian sportsman, I've never hunted turkey with a rifle. I've only ever used shotguns. However, I feel that the option of using a rifle is interesting enough to possibly give it a try this year. I have a nice lightweight BRNO single shot in 22 Hornet that just may do the trick.

As to 4ager, if you do not like Pennsylvania and her outdoorsman, well, there's 49 other states for you to choose from. Adios!

You're right, and I hunt other states. I have hunted successfully in quite a few states for three decades and without a doubt the greatest number of slob hunters and unethical, unlawful, and down-right dangerous idiots in hunting seasons have come out of or been resident hunters in PA. It's not "classless" if it's a personal observation and stated as such, and frankly, I'm not alone. I know more than a few wardens in states surrounding PA (and at least one Western state) that to a person (including a couple females in there) will tell you flat out that they can just about bank on finding a violation, or an intoxicated hunter, or getting reports of dangerous/unlawful activity wherever they find a PA truck. That might be "profiling", but it's accurate and it works.

I haven't hunted all 50 states, but I have hunted 14 states other than PA. In all 14, and more than a few of those Eastern states, none match the stupidity I've seen in PA unless the hunters involved are from PA. I have no idea why it is that way, and I really wish it would change, but it is what it is.

You can be insulted, if you choose to be insulted. I don't know you, nor how you hunt. You might be one of those idiots; or you might be one of the most ethical, responsible people to ever set foot in the field pursuing game. Those things, I don't know. What I do know is what I've seen and experienced, and that's what I stated.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.