I have not looked into the new Rem ML a ton, but I do know that you can get accurately out to 300 yards in a few different ways, many of them more affordable and easier on the shoulder.

I got interested in the "long range" muzzleloading about 7 or 8 years ago. At that time it meant dropping my irons for a scope, finding the most aerodynamic bullet I could and shooting it a lot to get consistent drops. Since then I have gotten more intentional using scopes with dials, BH209 or smokeless (where applicable) and better bullet selection and even more practice. I don't believe I ever used more than two powder pellets or 105gr or so of BH209 in this pursuit.

Here is a doe taken 4 or 5 seasons ago with your average Encore ML with two pellets, simple scope and 250gr SST @ 246 yards.
[Linked Image]

Or, more recently, a smokeless conversion Encore, with CDS scope and confirmed drops. Felt good out to 300 or so (with good rest and conditions).
[Linked Image]

While the Rem is flashy, I would rather shoot more with less powder and in a rifle that was not quite as pricey.
Just as with CF rifles - practice and placement are key once you get out to "long range" with there muzzleloaders.

"You know why nobody panic buys 30-06 ammo? ... Because men with 30-06's don't panic"