The OP if he is still watching this thread might be interested in this info.

Carlos at Ed's gunshop was selling the Rem700 Ultimate below MSRP. Im not sure what he charges for the scope.

Rumor is that the Rem Ultimate CAN shoot BH209 but i want to see the load data from Remington. The Michigan Ultimate can not according to the owner of UF. It will flame cut the breach plug too quickly.

The Rem Ultimate uses a 308Win type case for ignition. .473 bolt head if i remember correctly. The original UF version uses a 45Win Mag case. Both cases have a fairly limited reuse before they leak.

The wood stock Rem and UF uses is just a run of the mill sub $150 Boyds stock. The composite is a fairly nice Bell and Carlson.....i think.

Rem is NOT using the Lothar barrel like UF uses. It is similar in twist and land/groove though. 1-26 with 6 lands according to the info ive seen. Its not your common 1-28 8 groove 50cal ML bore. A few companies can make match grade barrels for that action and application including smokeless capable if you change the breach plug and priming system too.

The sky is the limit when it comes to Rem700 upgrades. No other platform has that kind of aftermarket support.