Travis endured over 300 miles of icy roads to get here to go to my secret elk hunting spot. Megan road in the back of the Toyota with Pepper and Patton, so the dog could stay warm in the cab with Travis.

The idea was to use Travis's truck instead of mine to keep from abusing the privilege of the secret spot and getting my truck all bloody with his elk.

We saw elk at first light and I sent them on their way to the ridge where the elk were. He had his disgusting yellow stocked GFY 7mm-08 and a heavy Randall knife. I told him to take my 300 WBY and let Patton carry his GFY, but you can't tell Travis anything.

They got to the ridge where there were no less than 100 elk and followed them West as the elk slowly made their way in that direction. I could see both the elk and Travis with the spotter and watched him sneak within 80 yards more than once.

I never heard a shot, never saw an elk drop and eventually watched all the elk disappear into the timber. I got pictures of the ridge through my spotter and the Nikon Coolpix camera.

When he got back to the truck, he told me about his "gun malfunction" and how we could have taken my truck as there wasn't going to be any blood. Maybe tomorrow, we go to another secret spot called "Bob's Place." I can't wait to see what happens this time...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]