Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by deflave
Not to mention shrapnel chewed my ass for alleged bad parenting.

Travis

I think he chewed because it was PAST an allegation.....

I have guided elk hunters before, this wasn't my first time. While they were putting on their cold weather gear in the -19 degree weather, I pulled out a set of walkie-talkies and put in new batteries.

I told him to take one and give another to Mini. Travis assured me he would never be more than a few steps away from Mini. I yielded to his sense of parental duty.

While I was watching the great elk debacle unfold, I saw Travis go over the top of the mountain, solo. I watched for Mini to see if he would follow a few paces behind, but he didn't. There were trees that covered much of the patterns of these two flat landers, I had to make sure nothing went wrong.

You also need to remember, I am watching 100 head of elk and wanting to keep tabs on them. Evidently Travis came back from the backside of the mountain while I was looking at elk. I watched Mini walk up and down the mountain in the open and then East sad West alternately.

It is at this point I am starting to wonder about Travis's parenting, as I worry Mini is alone walking I circles. This is the 7 mm-08 malfunction junction at its best, because I am watching Mini walking incircles to keep warm while Travis is having epic so-called rifle failure.

At times I could see elk and Mini in the same field of view, no sign of Travis, no sounds of guns being fired. I always keep my radio on so when radio silence is broken, I can respond. It was at that time I heard a disparaging remark from Travis and that he and Mini were coming off the mountain.

When he got back to the truck, he told me of the whole ordeal. I am sure the back of his head still smarts from the slap. I told him that I wouldn't tell him so, but like Custer refusing to take the Gatling to the Little Bighorn, Travis opted to leave the 300 with me at the truck...

Ha, and a real hunter would pay good money to take a real gun after elk rather than an elk gun wanna be. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.