Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by deflave
Not to mention shrapnel chewed my ass for alleged bad parenting.

Travis

I think he chewed because it was PAST an allegation.....

I have guided elk hunters before, this wasn't my first time. While they were putting on their cold weather gear in the -19 degree weather, I pulled out a set of walkie-talkies and put in new batteries.

I told him to take one and give another to Mini. Travis assured me he would never be more than a few steps away from Mini. I yielded to his sense of parental duty.

While I was watching the great elk debacle unfold, I saw Travis go over the top of the mountain, solo. I watched for Mini to see if he would follow a few paces behind, but he didn't. There were trees that covered much of the patterns of these two flat landers, I had to make sure nothing went wrong.

You also need to remember, I am watching 100 head of elk and wanting to keep tabs on them. Evidently Travis came back from the backside of the mountain while I was looking at elk. I watched Mini walk up and down the mountain in the open and then East sad West alternately.

It is at this point I am starting to wonder about Travis's parenting, as I worry Mini is alone walking I circles. This is the 7 mm-08 malfunction junction at its best, because I am watching Mini walking incircles to keep warm while Travis is having epic so-called rifle failure.

At times I could see elk and Mini in the same field of view, no sign of Travis, no sounds of guns being fired. I always keep my radio on so when radio silence is broken, I can respond. It was at that time I heard a disparaging remark from Travis and that he and Mini were coming off the mountain.

When he got back to the truck, he told me of the whole ordeal. I am sure the back of his head still smarts from the slap. I told him that I wouldn't tell him so, but like Custer refusing to take the Gatling to the Little Bighorn, Travis opted to leave the 300 with me at the truck...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]