Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Is it stuffing or dressing ? Stuffing. Traditional sage stuffing.

In or out of the bird ? In the bird, and stuffed in the neck area too, right under the flap of skin up there.

Bread, freshly ground sage, black pepper, celery salt, finely minced onion, butter, reduced turkey stock.

Brine or no brine ? No brine. I rub it with melted butter and sprinkle with pepper.

All very traditional like my Maternal Grandmother prepared her turkeys for the holidays.

That's real close to my mom's traditional holiday turkey.

First thing is boil the giblets then make toasted bread cubes in the oven. Half white bread, half wheat bread.

Diced onions and celery lightly sauteed in butter, chopped fresh parsley, S&P, poultry seasoning (or sage), some of the giblets, breakfast sausage (optional), turkey stock from boiling the giblets, and the toasted bread cubes.

Stuff the bird, rub with melted butter, poultry seasoning and S&P. S&P sprinkled on the inside of the bird too.

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees, put the turkey breast side down on a rack in roasting pan, stuff it in the oven, and after 15 minutes turn the oven down to 325. Once the bottom is browned turn the bird over and cover with foil. Baste it every so often with pan juices and about 40 minutes before it's done remove the foil to brown the breast side.

Perfect.