Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

If you do not mind me asking, what exactly could be wrong with a turkey on the inside, that "stuffing them with things you plan to flavour them with", as opposed to "stuffing them with edibles" would make. If there is some kind of bacteria or the like in the bird, the whole bird would be affected, turkey juices/blood runs their course in the cooking process. Drippings that are used to baste the turkey and make gravy, are the by-product of the juices/blood that run through the "whole" turkey. Correct ?

Poultry is the most relaxed regulatory oversight. Fecal contamination can be washed of after something like vacuuming or trimming, but on high speed lines (1 turkey every 2 seconds)they just vacuum. Then a quick rinse with chlorine and there good enough to continue. Other diseases are harder to get to if the contamination is in the cervical air sacs, for this I could say something like cervical Airsacculitis exudate which gets missed a lot because it sits behind the breast up by the neck, and vacuums really have a hard time getting into that area. After they all get thrown into a large water bath together, so if something got through then they all sit in it, well unless they are air chilled of course.

Usually birds go downhill pretty fast when they are sick, mainly because of the conditions they are in. You usually find this in the abdomen and thorax first. Usually the largest issue you see is exudate in the thorax and abdomen, literally right where you stuff. And it gets vacuumed and just rinsed.

So I just choose to stuff my turkey with non edibles, that's all. If you would like to know more then PM me.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.