Originally Posted by Alamosa

So you didn't post for sympathy nor to find how to correct or improve. Clearly no room for that.
Just for readers enjoyment then?

If you've gotta go on forever recounting your practice, bullet, etc. and seeking approval of that then do you really believe in it yourself? Endless talk of distances and calibers and calculations make it clear those elk are being reduced to mere targets. Any actual elk behavior, strategy, observation, connected to this 'hunt' is nowhere to be found. Sometimes you can't approach them. That's why it is not called a harvest.

The aspect of neighboring ranches making money from this public resource and causing elk lives to go waste so that they may do so. Now that is something I certainly AM interested in hearing more about.

No, I didn�t post it for sympathy. The thought never crossed my mind.

Nor was I seeking approval of my �practice, bullet etc.� If someone wants to make suggestions as to how I might improve, it might help them to have some background as to the details and my preparation, which I provided in brief. If readers enjoy or learn anything from what I wrote, good. If not, no one forces them to read it. Why do you bother? Put me on your ignore list and be blissfully happy.

If you don�t already understand that ranchers make money off landowner tags, trespass fees, hunting right leases, services provided, etc., or that they are protective of such revenue streams, then nothing I can say or do will help you with such understanding.

One other thing � when it comes time to apply pressure to the trigger, the elk ***is*** a target. With the grace of God I will do my part and put the bullet where it will be effective. It is my fault if that doesn�t happen as was the case this year.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 11/24/14. Reason: missing word "nothing" added

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.