Originally Posted by Alamosa
I couldn't care less about the title.

Anyone who brags on themself as much as you do then insists their own train wreck couldn't be helped and plans to do it again?!!?

Beat it.

The shot I took this year was one I�ve made hundreds of times at the range. The �train wreck� could have been avoided with a simple no-shoot decision on my part and I�ve never claimed differently. But yes, based on my preparation at the range and experience with longer shots in the field (I guess the �bragging� you are talking about), in a similar situation I would probably take the shot again.

Nowhere have I ever claimed to be the best marksman around, or even a particularly good one. There are many here at the �fire that are far better than I am or will ever be. Hitting gongs at 600 yards isn�t a big deal � I�ve had my nieces do it after a few shots and a bit of coaching and they had no prior shooting experience. Hitting clay pigeons at that range is a different story but I�ve never claimed to do anything other than hit them often enough to keep me interested. It�s kind of like the intermittent success that is so addictive to gamblers.

Nor have I ever claimed to be a great elk hunter. When I started in 1982 I wasn�t very successful and had average success until the late �90�s when I started focusing on filling the freezer rather than big antlers. Since 2000 I�ve put, 13 elk in the freezer, mostly cows. That�s not a bad record and it�s not bragging, just the facts.

�Beat it�? Really? Seems to me you have anger, reading comprehension and other issues you need to deal with. You read what you want into what I�ve written, then make false claims about it as a justification for your rants. Don�t hold your breath waiting for me to �Beat it�. Or do, I really don�t care.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.