Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by MIVHNTR

I've got no dog in this fight, but apparently Clark Custom Guns thinks that the Philippine made 1911s have soft steel and shouldn't be considered for their 460 Rowland conversion.

I read this when I was looking for a 1911 to convert to 45Super/460 Rowland. I just figure that Clark Custom has to have a pretty good handle on this stuff and avoided the cheap imported 1911s when I made my 1911 purchase.

http://www.clarkcustomguns.com/rowland.htm#faq

Well I�ve never seen anything about Clark to make me think they don�t know what they�re doing. However, being a gunsmith myself when I look at their list, I do scratch my head.

Now if one were to take it in the actual context of the web page cited, then you have to take it in the context that perhaps they�re soft for .460 Rowland use.

So one should be careful about the mental leaps we make when we read such things.

I'll say it again to eliminate any confusion. The 1911 was converted to 45 Super/460 Rowland use, NOT 45 ACP. What better gunsmith to look at for this conversion but Clark Custom Guns, since it is one of their specialties.

Any resident internet gunsmiths, self-appointed experts, etc., that question what CCG says, or does, can take up their warped and misguided issues with CCG directly by using the phone number on the CCG website. This will eliminate any mental leaps being made in reference to what CCG says on their webpages.
The caller can also inform CCG where THEY feel there is an error in regard to CCGs firearm selections for their 460 Rowland conversion. Next, the firearms oracle can tell CCG what firearms are up to the said callers erroneous standards. Finally, the internet expert can inform CCG how to customize the firearm to meet their idiotic requirements for the 460 Rowland conversion.

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon