Originally Posted by cooperfan
I wouldn't shoot another buck and I would probably edit your post and remove the part about shooting one on someone else's tag.

No question you have great land and a very good hunter (probably better than most), but I would tone it down a little. A lot of Michigan hunters are having a really tough season and will be lucky to kill 1 buck.

I have never, ever, taken game illegally. Or used somebody else's tag. Ever. But like you say, not that easy to get a deer for some. This is the exact reason why I was considering it. I can get them a deer. Not sure if it makes a difference, but it would be on private property wth the landowners tag. And the landowner would be getting the deer.

It may not be by the book, but I'd not consider it morally wrong. The landowner still paid the state to harvest the deer on their own private property. The only technicality would be who pulled the trigger.

Anyhoo, I'm told they have leftover over the counter doe tags available. So I will just go that route and let one of the guys with a buck tag hunt the big boys.....