It's 1964 again. I reckon before the 24hr Campfire, guys sat around a wood campfire and had the same conversation about Winchester, except they liked 270's back then. Which is interesting in that it appears Winchester is changing once again for the same reason. And even more interesting, what does that say for the business of building firearms and the folks that buy them? Have consumers always expected more for less? Probably some pretty easy math could tell what a '64 M70 wouldl cost in 2014 dollars.

Have all the good guns already been built? Businesswise, it's an interesting study.

Maybe the answer all along is to just build whatcha want. The expectation of custom built quality and factory built price doesn't seem to pan out. I don't think the target market is here on this thread and further, most here would be considered a niche market. How many are willing to wait a year and spent 2 to 3 times the amount if a factory offering? Not many. But like I said earlier, a lot of fellas want a MOA rifle cause thats as far as their knowledge of rifles goes.