Originally Posted by alaska_lanche

The thought was the extra 7 oz over a 2-7X33 VX-2 is that it could help with taming the lightweight beast a bit with some glass. We will see. Still may sell the VX-6 if I don't like it and go lightweight all the way around....time will tell. wink

Luke, I love the 338-06. One of the sexiest rounds ever. IIRC, mine went 2,750 with 210 NP's over H4350. Some scoff at 210's in the 33's, but the truth is, like the 130/270 Win, they kill far beyond their "numbers" as those that have actually used them will testify.

Aside, I suppose I don't see the reason to do a Hubble on top trying to add weight, while lightening the bolt and trigger guard.

Me, I'd have run the whole thing OEM with a svelt scope, but I'm turning into a bit of a recoil wimp as I get older laugh

The 84L MT in 270 with 150's and 7-08/308 with 160/165's are my Montana fun limit.

Hope you knock over some big stuff with that setup my friend.

And to paraphrase Raising Arizona, "You're young, you've got your health, what do you want with a light kicking rifle?" grin

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery