Originally Posted by Brad
Well, at the end of the day, the 308 is one hell of a cartridge, and I'll bet you'd never see any real difference between the two on game. Ditto the 7-08.

I used my 7-08 MT this year to knock over a nice 6pt bull elk with a 150 Ballistic Tip, and I really didn't see much difference than anything else I've used on similar sized bulls from the past, up to the 338 WM.

Cartridges are more alike than different laugh

I hear ya Brad growing up all I had was a 308 with crappy corelokts and used it to take 10 or so moose and a dozen caribou with it myself let alone the rest of the family that used it as well. Heck even have taken a couple grizz with it was well. That said I do think the 338-06 is a healthy step up from the 308 as I am increasing case capacity and bore diameter.

I gotta believe going from a 165 grain bullet at 2700 fps out of my 20" barrel 308 to a wider and nearly 30% heavier bullet going the same speed makes it a bit better tool for grizz/brown bear. Can't go wrong with either though. I do like that I am not giving up mag capacity as well. Still 4+1 unlike my 325 wsm which I don't see it getting used much anymore with these two to choose from.