Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
The whole thing makes me uneasy. I believe in capitalism. But have never been one to be a "dealer". Just sold a friend 92 hornady 154 spire point 7mms. The sticker on the box, 1988, was $8.75. We called it $9 and I insisted he look them over because they had gotten dark, not green, over the last 26 years. I know what they cost new but feel charging based on that, to get rid of my stash, is gouging. We all have different standards on different topics.

In my opinion there is no such thing as price gouging in free-will transactions. Someone holds a gun to your head and says �Pay this, or else I shoot�, that�s a different story.

At the end of the day, all free-will transactions occur because buyer and seller reach a mutually agreeable price based on how they each value the item in question. I�ve seen people pay $75 and more for a brick of 500 .22�s and be happy In one case it was because it meant father and son could go small game hunting versus not.

At the same time I�ve seen people complain bitterly about the same price. What they are really bitching about is that the seller won�t sell for the buyer�s price. The fact is that higher prices help ensure at least some supply. Even through the drought of the last couple years, bricks of .22 ammo have been available at the gunshows and elsewhere.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.