Originally Posted by milespatton
In my opinion there is no such thing as price gouging in free-will transactions. Someone holds a gun to your head and says �Pay this, or else I shoot�, that�s a different story.

I have a little different view, as I have seen one man and his buddies buy all of a shipment, all paid out of one bill fold, while there was a 3 box limit. You may like azz holes but I don't. I did start showing up early enough to be first in line and just bought my 3 boxes, but I still did not like it when he got all the rest and left people standing without. I never sold any but I have given several boxes away. miles

So where is the price gouging in the events you relate? All I see is store people not adhering to their own arbitrary rules, which they are free to change or ignore, and a customer taking advantage of the fact that the store people did so. Selfish on the part of the customer, stupid behavior perhaps (poor customer relations) on the part of the store, but no gouging.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.