One thing I've learned over the last few years and two separate ammo droughts is to stock up when you get the chance to do so at a reasonable price - even if you don't "need" any at that particular moment. The same is true for components.

Yesterday I picked up a couple boxes of Barnes TAC-XPD ammo (9mm and .45) because while my mags are full I've only a couple rounds left on my shelf. Wednesday it was a pound each of HS-6 and Longshot. Last weekend it was another 1,000 CCI 200 Large Rifle primers.

At the moment I feel pretty well stocked up with over 3600 .22 rounds including 500 Shorts, another 650 in .22 Win Mag, probably 15,000 primers, plenty of bullets and a lifetime supply of brass almost everything I shoot, plus lots of loaded ammo for my centerfires.

Still need brass, bullets and dies for my new .40S&W plus another 8lb jug of H4350. Might pick up the H4350 today if I can find some.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.