Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by gmoats
Originally Posted by Steelhead
There is self defense other than the 2 legged kid and I've never found a 3" barreled gun that was harder to shoot well then a 1 7/8" barrel.

…I understand the argument about shoot ability, but that's is why God made K,L & N framed guns in calibers suitable for critter-shootin'……why the need for a J frame for defense against 4 legged adversaries?

Because a J frame is light enough to wear in the waistband of a pair of shorts and Desantis makes a grip for doing that for J frames.

[Linked Image]

What is suitable for critter shooting? My biggest concern here is a wild dog or a rabid raccoon. I'm guessing I could strap on 4 pounds of iron for that or ALWAYS have the Jframe, which will handle any of the critters around the 'farm' that I'm concerned with.

Allways knew someday I would find something we could agree on. I too have a M60 DAO and don't really see the need for a J in 38 Special without a bobbed hammer. Great little shooters, sure looks like I need a set of those grips also.

No 17's for me.
M57 takes care of sporting needs in 10mm and 40 SW for a larger ccw gun. MagnumMan