BSA, (and some others),

It is true that we may not see entirely eye to eye on this subject. But it is a disagreement among gentlemen, and this is why. While there are some things I wish you wouldn't do, it is clear to me you have a passion for these rifles and are trying to CREATE something. Even the guy who believes he needs pre-war actions on his tactical rifle builds is trying to CREATE something. The only thing this guy on eBay is trying to create is money in his pocket.

I could at least halfway (BARELY, JUST BARELY!) understand taking a good rifle apart and selling lock, stock, and barrel separately. I would have to be in dire straights to do it, and I pray I never am, but at least some one would be getting something they needed to restore or create something. I would at least keep the action intact for the guy who wanted to build a work of art custom, a hard use hunting rifle, or even a tactical.

But this guy . . . this guy is taking just about everything apart, and tells me "I sell parts." (I'm getting pizzed off all over again thinking about that statement and writing this!) If you go and look at his feedback (100%!!!) there is some eBayer praising him as a "great seller" when the eBayer clearly had to bid on and buy separately all the pieces to get a working bolt back together to put in a rifle. Whoever buys the receiver off of GB is now going to have to do something similar. Couldn't he at least have kept the working matching numbers bolt with the receiver?! Of course he could, but there was more money in doing what he did.

I don't remember where I heard the term "parts whores." I don't think I invented it, but I cannot remember where it came from. Regardless, the term fits, and fits well.

I learned a long time ago that everyone has a story, and if I knew the whole story it might change my opinion. That is why I said in my first post that I would really like to know the story on this guy.

If I were insanely rich, I would consider starting a company to make good quality aftermarket reproduction parts just to drive these guys out of business. Extractor rings damn sure wouldn't "start" at $9.99 unless I really had to charge that to make a small, fair profit!

As it is, I don't think I can bring myself to bid on this guy's stock, even if it looks like it is going to go cheap. If I did, and the rifle I put it on shot like chit, I'd be thinking "Yeah, Doc, you got what you deserved, Karma is a bitch."

I'd happily buy a stock from someone like BSA, Winchesterpoor, or some others, people who care about rifles and respect them.

Gun Doc

Last edited by GunDoc7; 03/02/15.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"