I'm not watching the auctions because I want to. I'm looking for a stock, and the easiest way is to use the search function. When I do, his stuff comes up.

I believe you are correct that there is a good chance the buyer of the Super Grade stock is trying to "build" a Super Grade, and possibly for dishonest purposes to boot. But maybe not. Maybe the eventual buyer owns a dinged up Super, or wants to "build" the one they always wanted. (Something to consider, if anyone wanted to go to the trouble but I don't, would be to compare shirhitch's pictures to what comes up for sale in the next few months. Grain patterns are unique. But I have better things to do.) If anyone tries to build a fake, they had better have a rare chambering, because at shirhitch's prices they are going to have trouble making much money building a fake .270 or .30-06 Super Grade!

I do think there are some parts where your "upgrade of a functional rifle" theory doesn't work. Extractors, firing pins, and trigger parts are some examples.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"