Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by 4ager
That's because it ought to have BEEN done.

Iraq was the wrong one in the ME to deal with.

Hell, we should have pulverized Iran in the '70s with Peanut Jimmy was in office, but we didn't. We should have done it time and again when Reagan, Bush I, Klintoon, "W", and Hussein have been in office, but we didn't.

We're going to end up having to deal with them, but apparently Washington wants to wait until AFTER they get nukes in order to do so.

Well there you go.

Unless we go into a full on ground war with Iran, we are not going to stop them from becoming a nuclear state. That point passed 15 years ago.

As much as I dislike Iran, I can live with them being a nuclear power...I don't want to, but I may have to. But consider this, they are FAR more stable than North Korea and Pakistan, and I don't hear anyone talking about invading those two nations.

Stability is not necessarily the issue. They are "stable", but they have stated time and again their goals to destroy "The Great Satan" (us).

When we end up with a nuke in one (or more) of our cities, the only blame will rest with the Chamberlain-esque and Wilson-esque apologists who didn't want to address the problem in it's early stages.

I understand people not wanting to have their sons or daughters die in a foreign land. They, however, are making a fool's bargain for temporary peace and false security.

The die has been cast. We will have to fight Iran, and we will have to do so in a real war (not this kid gloves schit we've been trying). The only questions are when and what capabilities will we allow them to have first.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.