Originally Posted by watch4bear
Fox and birds don't eat bear meat?

Won't bear meat make your dogs wormy?

Have you talked to your neighbors about feeding your bear to their dogs?

Should the hunter buy another freezer for this bear meat they'll be packing down the mountain to give to the dogs?

Should each hunter be followed to the kill site to make sure no meat is wasted?

You seem to have thought this through, and I would like to hear from someone with experience. Especially Canadians.

Yes wild animals eat bear meat....

If bear meat or any other meat gives your dogs worms then cook it for them, but I doubt it does....

I haven't talked to my neighbors about feeding bear meat to their dogs because I would be feeding it to my own dogs.....

Yes the hunter may have to buy another freezer, why not I do if I have an excess of meat....

Why follow the hunter to the kill site? If I shoot any other animal there are laws already in place so you have to take the meat. Many/most grizzlies are shot in the company of guide/outfitters.....There are fines and a moral obligation to take the meat of all game animals already, why not simply add a grizzly bear.

With your infantile response you seem to miss the point.
Its about shooting something as large as a grizzly bear and leaving the meat, which is in many peoples view, (hunters and yes fellow Canadians) wrong....
I hunt and your point of view is what we would call the (trophy hunter) mentality, and it is what BC resident hunters would like to get rid of as it makes us also look bad.

hey, dont eat it? dont shoot it, or at least take it off the mountain and utilize it in some way.