Originally Posted by 673
[
Nonsense
Anyone who hunts grizzlies are well prepared to take out the EDIBLE PORTIONS just as they are when hunting any other animal.
I do think I grasp the magnitude of the proposed bill, and its miniscule.
I dont hunt bears as they dont appeal to me, however if I shot a bear of whatever species I would give the meat to someone who will eat it, or I wont shoot it unless I have to.

Some of you guys think you are protecting your hunting privilages, I think that if you take the meat out then the anti's have nothing left to cry about, they cant call you a trophy hunter if you take the meat of any game animal.....
If your only after the hide, horns,antlers and leave the meat you are a trophy hunter, plain and simple.

Nope, this statement clearly indicates that you do not understand the situation at all.

This bill will definitely increase pressure on the areas that are physically easier for a resident to remove 4 quarters and loins from a dead grizzly, as well as hide and skull. It will absolutely significantly reduce resident opportunity in areas where access is difficult without additional support. This will have zero effect on a guide outfitter, other than it being a minor inconvenience. How is reducing resident hunter opportunity a good thing?

This will potentially increase the risk of bear attacks on resident hunters as well, for those of us still tough enough or stubborn enough to hunt in hard to access places. After backpacking up a snowed in valley, and up an alder choked slide to kill a big bear, then skin him out and backpack his hide and skull out 10km through rotten snow, not many guys are going to be able to turn around and go BACK to a kill site that has been reeking of blood and meat for hours on end, to hump out 100lbs of bear meat. And then do it again.

I can almost guarantee that every grizzly hunter in the province for the last however many number of years you'd like, did not go out with the specific intent of killing a grizzly for meat. Some guys like it, and utilize SOME of it, and that has been their choice. More power to them.

But make no mistake about it, grizzlies have always been a "trophy" hunt. And you know what? Meat is not the only acceptable reason to hunt. Everyone hunts for their own highly personal reasons. If meat is yours, that's great. But that may not be MY reason. And I'm not going to insult YOU for meat being your reason.

This is the first step to losing our heritage in BC...The sooner resident hunters wake up and see this, the better. How long until trappers have to also utilize furbearer meat for human consumption? How long until we have to utilize meat from coyotes and wolves? Ground squirrels? Flies? Mosquitoes? After all, in your mind the only acceptable reason to kill something is to eat it, where does that stop?

Last edited by KodiakHntr; 03/11/15. Reason: added clarity

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.