I'm almost totally alone... in the fact that I use a crossbow just like any other. I"m not shooting distnace... nothing past 15 ish yards.

Too much noise and still the chance to dodge the arrow or make a bad hit. Something about 15 yards and in I've yet to have an issue, past that, there have been movement issues that don't please me while any arrow is in flight.

As to where it belongs, per the moving and drawing... hunting in a tripod/tree stand, or popup or like stand, you don't have much to worry about moving or not.

I've had deer very close to our pop up that did see movement trying to raise the crossbow... I would have had same issue with any other bow, though IMHO if I had my compound or recurve standing upright at that time, I could have drawn and shot with less chance of anythhing seeing it, but lifting the complete crossbow off my lap was another issue.

Wife was sitting with me. Of course part of the issue is the deer 3 or 4 steps away all over the place.... and they'll see about anything when you are ground level with em, even with a small shooting window...

All I can say in the end, when tuned up with a recurve, there is a lot less to go wrong with a shot than a compound IMHO. THe bow shoots itself. You don't have to think about so many other things as with a compound.

Just my take on it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....