Originally Posted by LostArra
Unfortunately I may be heading in the opposite direction, at least for elk season.

My mid 50# longbows are starting to reek havoc on my old surgically repaired and arthritic shoulder. Yesterday for the first time in my 63 years I shot a compound for more than a shot or two. After maybe 30-40 arrows I realize I can keep hunting elk but I am going to have to head into a world of archery that is totally foreign to me.

Fortunately I was at an archery shop that understood why I was there and patiently set up a nice bow for me to shoot on their range. Of course, I'll probably have to sell three bows to pay for it unless I can find a used one in my old man specs.

just remember you can shoot a compound instinctively.... many did for years when they came out. I have also. You can just get a good compound and keep on rocking. No need for 150 buck sights, releases, peeps etc...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....