Originally Posted by FoxtonGundogs
Originally Posted by stew
Originally Posted by noduck
I'm thinking of 2017 for a BC moose hunt. With the thread of the bad outfitter. I was wondering if any BC residents could recommend a region where a 45to50 inch moose is possible.I know they get bigger moose up there but trying to keep somewhat of a budget.

The thread of bad outfitter is a great example why i am looking for info. The Kootenays was an area i was looking at. Seems like it gets hunted pretty good?

A guy starts looking at outfitter websites and gets pumped up .But what is reality of the area?

I guess i'm looking for a moose hunt with a chance at seeing some moose and maybe looking for 45-50 spread.Would love to see 50-55 spread but from what i been looking at the price really jumps up

In the past people have asked these same questions and the first answer is how much you want to spend? I would like to spend 6k-8k. 8k on high end still have to pay for airfare etc etc.

Any info on a decent region would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Noduck.

There is a couple outfitters in the kootenays that can produce some nice moose but I don't think they will fall in your price range. If you want to post up some of the outfitters you are looking into it may help in getting a yes or no response. I would for sure stay away from the one mentioned in the bad outfitter thread.
Good luck and don't let people try to bully or scare you away from hunting in B.C.

We are not bullying any hunters, what we are asking for is the respect of other hunters, the same respect and support we would give you if suddenly almost 1/2 of all allotted tags were taken from you. Our fight is not with other hunters it is with the guides and government that made back room deals taking an unprecedented animals away from residents. Most of you live in States that allocate 5-10% 0f wildlife to non residents we are asked to accept 4-8 times that many taken from us. Our intentions to exercise our legal rights and hunt heavily in guide territories will put heavy pressure on the animals you are asked to pay good money to hunt and we are only saying there are better choices as to where to spend your hunting dollars. Resident Priority for everyone on their home turf.

Many of the problems in areas of B.C. are because of the residents and many of the areas are all ready have to much resident pressure. You say your fight is not with hunters but guides and government but yet you say you are going to put heavy pressure on animals. That's a big problem with many residents to worried about who gets to kill what no concern about conservation as you have shown.
Now your side kick SNAP is going to go set up blockades. It has also been mentioned on other sites by others about burning down cabins etc. Ya you guys are a great bunch for wildlife. When you say OUR intentions does this mean the BCWF or are you guys your own little gang.